Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ITS GONNA BE BIG!!!!
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO... Does any one know what they did on 10 Mile Creek in Frisco. They have built a wave that runs at 350cfs. Also they have narrowed the river a bit. Any coments or ideas of what they were thinking. It looks like it could be a ok surf wave but Im no expert and its not a "park".

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Nick Turner's group (River Restoration: Glenwood, Avon) is doing the Tenmile "park." It is currently planned to be one feature designed for low flows (350). They're supposed to build it this fall and winter. I believe they have started but are not finished yet. My biggest concern is the fact that the town decided they didn't want grout to hold the feature in for fish migration concerns (which have been proven false). Think about the non-grouted parks that change all the time, often for the worse, like Gunnison, Durango, etc. I'm concerned that even if it is a good feature, the peak flows of >900cfs that often occur on Tenmile will just rip the feature out. But then again, some non-grouted features have shown almost no change over the years (Rosgen's fish habitat W-weirs on the San Juan in Pagosa Springs). I hope this turns out to be a good one.

COUNT

·
ITS GONNA BE BIG!!!!
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on Count. I was there today and it looks complete the heavy equiptment is gone. They put in what looks to be two large peices of slate or somthing in with notches and cut outs. The thing is, it is so narrow that if there are boaters playing there and a raft comes through it could be a bit tight. Also will it wash out at 650 or be a ripper? Any one else???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts