Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any water trapped in the pipe of your frame that is enough water to fill the pipe can freeze which will perforate the pipe something ugly and nasty.

saw this happen to a buddies deluxe nrs footbar.

if you can't be sure all the water is out, drill a weep hole (in the footbar or wherever) so you don't have a tube of standing water ...

or stand the frame up in some other direction to allow any accumulated moisture to drain out through the lopros ...

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. My cat frame is apart on a shelf in my garage, but my small raft frame is still together and on my trailer, under a tarp. I had it standing up against my fence all summer, so hopefully it's drained. The rubber ends on the side rails have little holes in them to drain. Hopefully there's no water in the rest of the frame. I really should take it apart and put it on the shelf with my other frame though to be safe.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. My cat frame is apart on a shelf in my garage, but my small raft frame is still together and on my trailer, under a tarp. I had it standing up against my fence all summer, so hopefully it's drained. The rubber ends on the side rails have little holes in them to drain. Hopefully there's no water in the rest of the frame. I really should take it apart and put it on the shelf with my other frame though to be safe.
I've taken my small cat frame with drop rails and deluxe footbar out of storage and stood it up in spring and got a gusher of water that came out of the low spots. Don't think the yoke frame and raft frames have this issue save for a footbar

·
Registered
27 Posts
Come to New England, we still get Olde School winter's here :)
[hope I got all my AIREcraft fully drained inside]

·
Registered
7 Posts
My View

What I think about this forum is that its stupid. Rafting anything under class 5 is pointless and if you raft class 5-6 you will probably die. the reason rafters exist is because most of them are pussies that don't sack up and run the shit.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or some idiot who posted a response to the wrong forum

·
Registered
96 Posts
Obviously critical thinking skills impaired.

Or

Poor computer skills

Or

Likes to stir

Or

Just a dip stick

·
Super Moderator
2,910 Posts
Completely amateur troll attempt. This kid is still living in the basement of his parents house hoping that someday he won't be a pimple faced virgin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts