Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put together a trip to the southern alps in France next summer and am looking for advice, tips, contacts, or anything else that may help. I'd rather join a group than hire a guide to keep the cost down but can't find anyone else at the moment that can go.
Anyone know of any UK yakin forums? Seems to be a popular summer destination for those guys.

·
Registered
426 Posts
possible sources...

You could try emailing these:

The Lee valley ww olympic center in London and the Kayak store in Shepperton, London.

Google their websites. I forget the web address but I have received quick replies from both on other river related stuff.

·
Registered
731 Posts
The Haute Savoie region is a geat base -tons of rivers and friendly paddlers. A lot of the organized outings are club-based, if you don't have French find someone who does and search the clubs in Annemasse, Thonon-les-bains, etc. Not cheap, but great water and food not to be believed - you can definitely go "less expensive" by finding some of the local paddlers and taking their advice. Multi-days are virtually unheard of, but you can paddle a different river every day - or twice a day - and look up at Mont Blanc at night . Unfortunately all my contacts are from a decade or two ago, but start with the clubs and you should hook up. If you rent a car with a roof rack and can offer space in return for being led down the runs, you should have no problem finding eager paddlers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts