Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sounds like a great idea. Looks like Confluence Kayaks may have to step up to the plate or at least the Platte for this one.

It's going to be the 1st Fifth Annual Freeze Your Foamie Off Festival. We'll have three different events. 1) The Daytona Foam Fifty Footer (Top of the Confluence Park chutes to the bottom. Best time wins. 2) The Foamie Throw Down (Rodeo goes to the foam age- Best Rides Wins). 3) The Miss Foamie Pagent. (she doesn't have to float to look Hot in Foam!)

Confluence Kayaks will provide a nice heavy weight foam cooler. Feel free to up the supplies. We'll also scrap together some prizes. Expect some nothing, but the best.

How about New Years Eve around 4:30/ 5:00 at Confluence Parks. We'll race under the lights.

-Write back with some feedback.-

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'm down with the foamie comp...... in fact I may start looking for sponsors tomorrow. I, however, can't show up on New Year's eve. If we can make it a different day I'm in. Maybe a weekday after work, it will break up the monotony. I'll bring the Bratwurst!!!!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Matt, What's going on? It's Jamie. Have you been boarding? How is the shoulder? Just been climbing and teleskiing.

Matt and Don. I am in. I can't do NYE because I will be in Philly. I am going to start making a boat over the holidays. Maybe in Jan. I will get Benny, Darren and Darren, Brett maybe to participate. I assume Marty is in. Don, I live in Highlands and will bring a mini grille and cooler. Let's pick a date in Jan. I will need schooling in Foamie racing. :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Don:

First Foam Fest sounds Fabulous.

As a committed fan of all things Confluence, you know I support you and your endeavors with all my heart, even if those endeavors while, good intentioned, are a bit, shall we say, half-baked. Whoa, did I say that out loud?

I recall my days in Boston where each New Year's day hundreds of insane folks [most likely your long lost kin] got together with the "L-Street Brownies" in Southie and hopped in the cool Atlantic for a refreshing thirty-degree swim. No wet suits. Just raw brain power. Lovely thing.

New Year's eve, while totally appropriate for some yak fun, may be a tough one. I seem to have prior plans with this sort of pregnant girlfriend who is pretty sure we are getting hitched over New Year's and who, although a sport, might have ample grounds to question my commitment level and priorities in the event I dissappear from our planned lovefest and come back wet, cold, and intoxicated.

Hey, wait a second, is there any rule that the coveted title of "Miss Foamy" has to go to a virgin? Maybe my gal would play along if she, despite her bulging abdomonal region, could be a contender for the title. Very cool indeed.

Here's what I'll do: I'll run the whole idea past her. I'll suggest she cancel the plans and reservations she made and that instead of a quiet romantic get-married-getaway, we'll honk on down to confluence, get way wet and rowdy, flirt with a little hypothermia, slug down some 100 proof antifreeze with our knucklehead pals, and kick the New Year in with style! Oh, yah! This will be great.

On the off chance my beloved betrothed nixes this great idea, how about a rain date for insanity some night after work?

Ho ho ho. Merry Christmas to all.

Dave

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm Foamies at the mouth...

Than it's a date. Not to be a date. Maybe we should push it back till the Friday before the Super Bowl. We can hold it around Happy Hour time. (Because nothing goes better with Foam Racing than foamy libations.) That should be the 23rd or the 30th? (Any real sports fans out there know?) (Not that Foam can make for real sport.)

As for rules for the Miss Foamie Pagent: Rules, we need no stinking rules. I would base it on style points, Head to Toe style, and it's the other builders that vote for the winner. The winner will be posted on the web. And, bragging rights until the 2nd Fifth Annual Freeze Your Foamie Off Festival. Or the 2nd FAFY FOF.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Matt and Don,
I am in for the 30th! I just got wood today for carving. Keep me posted. I will rally others...Jamie :roll:

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 30th sounds great. I just knew Confluence would come through for this one. I'll show up with some tall boys. Big beers and little boats, sounds like fun to me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't know what this is..but I'm into it 100%! Someone post a pic of a foamy doing some hair, so I know what to show up with. Other than that, count me in! What the hell is the Super Bowl?

·
Registered
178 Posts
quite possibly the best internet vid I've ever seen. I wasn't going to come to the foamie festival, but now it is a must.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts