Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
We need a park like that in Colorado. If they can make it work there, why can't we make it work here?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Kayak Park

It's an awesome idea, and one I would love to see.

But, couple of things to consider: The cost to built the same thing is the states would be 3-4 times higher. Just has to do with where we live and what people charge over here for contract labor. Plus, the cost of land. It would have to be in a populated area, to hope and collect any revenue back. Make kayakers would not pay to use it during the summer months. And, it better be heated if it's open all winter.

I say... Lottery Dollars? Hey it worked for the local skate park. Best in the country. Why not a white water dome park? Do kayakers really need to see the sun to kayak? Indoor comps year round. Kids classes in the lower eddy....

·
Registered
19 Posts
They're building one in Charlotte, N.C.

It will be four times that size. check out Recreation Engineering's Web site (Gary Lacey, Scott Shipley and Mike Harvey are designing it.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
o man they should make a ww park in florida. that would be sweet b/c we have nothing else. they were going to do one at one point but the govener didnt support it i heard so it lost all funding and faded away. i was soo pissed i wish we had just one play spot at least but we got nothin. that would be cool to have a ww park.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Surfing in Beer!!! Write Coors a letter!

The scottish Whitewater Asscication or some such thing is building one as well near Glasgow. I've been to Penrith a couple of times, the first time it was nice , the second time two years later it had developed a slime on the bottom and the Water Quality was a little suspect I thought. I got a sinus infection shortly after my visit.
I think the biggest hurdle in Colorado would be securing the water rights for it. Golden has already secured recreational water rights. Coors could easily flip for the thing, infact theres more gradient to be had downstream of Coors toward I-70
and gravel pits for service ponds and once a year or so, Coors spills enough beer in there that you could be surfing in Beer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts