Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard there was a freestyle event at the Glenwood Wave Park at the end of the month (Sept). Does anybody know of such an event or have more info?

Other than the American River Festival, are there any freestyle events coming up?

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
So, that's this coming sunday, right? Does anyone need a ride from Fort Collins? Natalie and I might have some space, if people are willing to split gas costs.

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
The ride from fort collins has moved to thursday night, if anyone is still interested.

Ty or Peter, do you have pictures of the Tshirt designs?

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
Ty, what's the judging going to be? More specifically, who are the judges? I thought Jonny Meyers might have said he would judge instead of competing. Is that true?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Facebook Paste

Below is what I just copy/ pasted from the Facebook Page

Sunday, September 19 · 8:30am - 5:00pm
LocationGlenwood Whitewater ParkCreated ByTy Newton
More InfoWhen: Sunday September 19th
Where: The Glenwood Whitewater Park
Details: Registration on-site from 8:30-10:00am
Competition starts at 10:15
$25 entry plus $5 bib deposit
Event Sponsors: to be announced

All paddlers are invited to compete in a fall freestyle kayaking event at the Glenwood Springs' acclaimed Whitewater Park on the Colorado River at the Midland Avenue Bridge. Spectators are urged to come and watch the exciting whitewater action on Sunday, September 19th as the Glenwood Ender caps another excellent boating season.

In freestyle kayaking the goal is to throw as may moves as possible in a 60-second time frame--and the higher the degree of difficulty the better. Judges award points based on difficulty and variety. The more moves preformed the more points a competitor can accumulate.

·
Registered
569 Posts
We will be able to judge either so it is up to the competitor. You just have to decide whether knowing how your ride is going to go is worth the aspersions on your sexual prowess. I am personally still deciding. Having three kids, a little less prowess might be nice.

Peter

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do you know if you have enough competitors for a cadet or junior class? Would the cadets & juniors have the option to compete on the wave or in the hole? Or will they compete only on the wave as last year's comp?

If Max has to compete in the men's division so be it. He can then give Leif a run for his money :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
The Kellogg's are coming so we may have a cadet and Junior division. Max must compete in something other than men's so I won't get beat by a Cadet. Otherwise I will have to make a master's division.

Just like last spring Max can compete in which ever feature he chooses.

Peter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts