Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short notice but I wanted to gauge interest for a free boof clinic at Whiteline in the Upper Narrows tomorrow, Friday the 21st after work around 5pm. The water is super low but the boof is still in and it is a great place to work on your technique. You don't even have to run the rapid, you can just paddle from the eddy to the boof and repeat.

And before any of you wankers comment on the race, yes I swam there but yes I've also run it more times than probably anyone alive and I've definitely boofed it at a higher flow than you.

Post here if you want to come. If even two or three people are in I will be up there cause I want to get wet one more time before it's gone. Class IV skills and a bomber roll are required for the clinic.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Evan,
I'd head up there with you just to get wet. You can help me with my boof and I'll help you with that pesky roll.
Nate

·
Registered
463 Posts
ummn more times than anyone alive? i'd challenge you on that one.

evan is correct however that white line offers up great boofing practice.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Sensei Ev, I may be down. Could always use some instruction.

Whats the level @ these days anyway?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good question on the level and force you might be close on the number of times run but pretty sure I'm still in front on that one. You never even ran the old version.

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you are serious I am down. I defend my PhD today then I am freeeeee! We may do some mushroom hunting around chambers durring the day (friday) but I could meet at white line on our way down the canyon. 6ish?

Call me tonight if you still want to do it on Friday the 22nd or did you mean today the 21st?

Mike 303 903 8934 (fortC)

Sounds like fun

·
Registered
323 Posts
level

A little birddy told me there is a good chance it is going to go up on friday.. possibly 1.8.. but then again what do I know..
Go get your boof on..
Patrick

·
Registered
808 Posts
what is the highest flow the upper narrows has been run? also--i ran the lower narrows at 4 feet many years ago, and looked at it this year at 4' and thought "no way". did something change? i know i'm about to be 40, but jeez, things sure are looking harder these days...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pretty sure that Uppers has been run at 5 feet +, but that was back in the day when the gauge got over 4.5. Recently and since Whiteline changed I think the highest it has been run is around 4.25. And no nothing major has changed in Lowers, a few rocks have shifted here and there but over 3.5 it becomes pretty serious. Some days I'd rather run Uppers at higher flow than Lowers. Long, fast and furious. + you are getting old. Even older than Gary E.

Looks like the clinic is on, bring whatever boat you are comfortable in and come ready to get your boof-on. I'll be up there around 5pm. If you have a bomber roll come and git sum.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So true Nathan. Dick. Anyway I don't mind swimming cause I've done it one or two times before and can rescue my own gear but since I will be the one running safety for the clinic it'd be nice to have only one or two swims including my own.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Evan, thanks for helping me out with my timing issues. I know that my boof is only going to get better now...

Short notice but I wanted to gauge interest for a free boof clinic at Whiteline in the Upper Narrows tomorrow, Friday the 21st after work around 5pm. The water is super low but the boof is still in and it is a great place to work on your technique. You don't even have to run the rapid, you can just paddle from the eddy to the boof and repeat.

And before any of you wankers comment on the race, yes I swam there but yes I've also run it more times than probably anyone alive and I've definitely boofed it at a higher flow than you.

Post here if you want to come. If even two or three people are in I will be up there cause I want to get wet one more time before it's gone. Class IV skills and a bomber roll are required for the clinic.

·
Registered
745 Posts
"I've definitely boofed it at a higher flow than you" I doubt it! LOL, you swimmin little biatch!

It's been ran in the 5's many times (upper and lower) by a lot of paddlers. I fired the upper the first year it changed around 4.5 ft. It was very scary, as whiteline looked like a toilet bowl but went fine huggin the rock.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Thanks to Evan!!

Hey thanks for taking a newbie down whiteline and explaining the boof really well...As you may know Greeley is not anything for boating but there is a "nice" 5-6ft waterfall drop in an irrigation ditch I'll be hitting laps on for practice :)

Also Jed...356-4890 there is my number when you wanna hit the rocks for some climbing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts