Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Lake Powell at 37% full, Just curious on how many miles of free flow are there now till you get to slackwater.
Highbrace

·
Registered
59 Posts
You will have decent current all the way to the take out. Curious to know what the Dirty Devil exit looks like now. I was there in December when the lake was 17' higher and the ramp, as much as it ever was one, was high and dry. There was a 45 degree bank that dropped about 4' to the water.

There are rumors of a new ramp at Hite.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Bonus rapids, and less-shitty camping, bellow Imperial rapids, as well :)

Heads up if you are planning a trip after this springs runoff though, we have a LOT of snow up in the headwaters, so that stupid evaporation pond is going to fill up a bunch this summer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I came off Cat 8 days ago, we got 7mph all the way from Waterhole camp to the takeout (6hp motor, four rafts).

Current was good, takeout was an SOB. Muddy, I would consider some portage boards left in your rig for the take out. We got it as the water was coming up a bit and it was a muddy steep bank to the gravel. One guy took his pants off and shuttled gear across the worst of the mud, took us 2.5hrs to derig and carry our stuff up to the trailers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts