Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for additional volunteers for the final South Platte cleanup event on Saturday Sept 29. This is not a floating cleanup like the spring, participants will be on foot. This is also the final trash survey on the Platte this year. Molson Coors is sponsoring a beer garden at this event. so show up, clean up and drink up!

CH2M HILL and The Greenway Foundation, in partnership with Denver Parks and Recreation and Confluence Kayaks, invite you to join us for our 20th Annual Fall RiverSweep!

Help us reach our goal of having 500 volunteers remove trash and debris along the banks and trails of the South Platte, as well as projects including crusher-fine based trail construction, painting, graffiti removal, tree protection, willow harvesting/relocation and more on Saturday, September 29th.

These varied and vital activities will maximize the environmental and recreational value of the South Platte River and Cherry Creek. Bring your family, friends, co-workers, and groups for a fun, and fulfilling morning as part of National Public Lands Day.

Free parking will be available at the Denver Aquarium. Light breakfast and lunch will be served. Join us after lunch for the 1st Annual MOLSON COORS BEER GARDEN at Shoemaker Plaza! All volunteers will receive one free beer.

Some preliminary results from our April Survey are summarized in the chart below

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump for volunteers

Hey still looking for a few good men & women to help with the trash survey next saturday check it out at the links above and sign up!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would VERY much help, but I can't on the dates this year. (Dolphins play Cardinals and I have 50-yard line tickets.)
Please count me in for next year, including any early (spring) clean-ups. :(

·
don't bogart that
185 Posts
love the pie chart

Hope you get everything cleaned up with many volunteers. Down here in Durango we would need to add a few more categories to the trash pie chart.:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts