Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Jesus man, go paddle or golf. This is like, get on mtn buzz and fluff yourself. GAY! Fred, just a reminder, there are a thousand paddlers as good or better, so calm the hell down.

·
Fred Gnarquist
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jesus man, go paddle or golf. This is like, get on mtn buzz and fluff yourself. GAY! Fred, just a reminder, there are a thousand paddlers as good or better, so calm the hell down.
Gary i know there are lots of paddlers that are better than me, however i also know that the ones who put themselves out there are the ones that get sponsors so if you could stop being a fuckin dick and if you dont like it, then dont click on it, ok?

·
Registered
272 Posts
yeah maybe we should have a mastabatory section for these posts...

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
Gary i know there are lots of paddlers that are better than me, however i also know that the ones who put themselves out there are the ones that get sponsors so if you could stop being a fuckin dick and if you dont like it, then dont click on it, ok?
hey grasshoppa ..

a more subtle approach to self promotion will get you better results. being in everyone's grill talking about yourself over & over again isn't the way to a "sponsor"'s heart. you ever get a word stuck in your head that you can't shake, & you just say it over & over & over again to yourself til it turns into mush & makes zero sense?

well that's what you're doing right now on the forum .. turning into mush.

FredNorquistFredNorquistFredNorquistFredNorquistFredNorquistFredNorquistFredNorquist
FredNorquistFredNorquistFredNorquistFredNorquistFredNorquistFredNorquistFredNorquist

so just relax a little on the self promotion thing & you'll be just fine.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
ok, i am going to go a different direction with this. i enjoyed it but have one criticism, its a bit jumpy. i think you switch scenes a bit too much or too quickly. i know you are trying to create a highlight reel to sell yourself to sponsors but think about sticking with each scene for a bit longer just to create more of a flow. looks like you are well travelled, looks like fun.

·
Fred Gnarquist
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey grasshoppa ..

a more subtle approach to self promotion will get you better results. being in everyone's grill talking about yourself over & over again isn't the way to a "sponsor"'s heart. you ever get a word stuck in your head that you can't shake, & you just say it over & over & over again to yourself til it turns into mush & makes zero sense?

well that's what you're doing right now on the forum .. turning into mush.

so just relax a little on the self promotion thing & you'll be just fine.
ok thank you, but seriously why go on mtn bzz and bash people because they are trying to be good, and get better at something they love, i would appreciate it if you would mind your own buisness and if you do not like what i am doing then pm me instead of being a dick

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
ok thank you, but seriously why go on mtn bzz and bash people because they are trying to be good, and get better at something they love, i would appreciate it if you would mind your own buisness and if you do not like what i am doing then pm me instead of being a dick
i'm not being a dick or bashing you fred ... & keep in mind, when you post to a public forum, you are, 1, making your business everyone's business, &, 2, you should follow the forum etiquette which is basically keep the promotion thing to a minimum or at least tasteful. you kinda blew it on #2 when you kept bumping all of your self-promo posts to the top by responding to yourself .. but that's not even that big of a deal , just don't get all defensive when you get called out.

most of the people on here DO work "dumb 9 to 5 jobs", & you probably will too. kayaking will *definitely* not pay the bills. one last thing: instead of trying to earn "sponsors", you should start by earning "respect".

overnout

·
Fred Gnarquist
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm not being a dick or bashing you fred ... & keep in mind, when you post to a public forum, you are, 1, making your business everyone's business, &, 2, you should follow the forum etiquette which is basically keep the promotion thing to a minimum or at least tasteful. you kinda blew it on #2 when you kept bumping all of your self-promo posts to the top by responding to yourself .. but that's not even that big of a deal , just don't get all defensive when you get called out.

most of the people on here DO work "dumb 9 to 5 jobs", & you probably will too. kayaking will *definitely* not pay the bills. one last thing: instead of trying to earn "sponsors", you should start by earning "respect".

overnout
ok i appreciate you being honest, i did not know the forum etiquette, but now i do so thank you, its hard not to be defensive when people threaten what you work hard at, so i will try to be less defensive, i respect most people on this website because most are more experienced kayakers than i am, and all i was trying to do was get my name out there as and editor and a kayaker so i thank you for you advice, i will keep that in mind next time

·
Registered
745 Posts
LMAO! Jesus these kids take themselves so serious. First off Fred as TG said, you post on here it's everyones bizz. Second you need to calm down and laugh once in a while. Thanks for explaining the sponser thing,lol. I think it's great you are into the sport; Kids like you will probably raise the bar in kayaking. The self promotion thing obviously isn't working, so get out there and get it done in your boat.

the f^&*kn dick

ps- can you get me a pair of glasses for cheap?

·
Registered
272 Posts
alienation poster-boy!

you've failed in the first rule of running for office, not alienating your constituency.... don't be such a pussy next time and it'll go much smoother... LOL!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
oh, this is going to be good. fred you seem like a good kid but you have much to learn young jedi.

painfull, this will be
survive, you must

1 - 20 of 52 Posts