Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got most of my frame built and was hoping for some opinions. I think the seats a little high. The oarlock angle will be getting changed for sure. It wont be seeing any serious rapids probably class 1&2. Thanks, Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
The seat might be perfect depending if you have passengers in front of you. It's good to be able to read the water if you sit a little higher too. Most importantly are you comfortable? Thats a hell of a rig for class 1 and 2!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you purple peddler. I never thought about looking over heads. You think I could do class 3 with this rig? Matt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just out of curiosity Matt, are you in Idaho? There was a set of those same tubes on CL that I fought myself to not buy. Last night I lost the battle and called the guy and they are already sold. Could you post a couple more pics anyway?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bwaters yip they were in Idaho. Dont worry they weren't worth the 200$ i paid for them. Ill have three days into patching them up and i still won't be happy. I didnt want to spend a bunch on something i didnt know would work for my situation so i bought them. I feel new ones coming soon. Matt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dostep. Its easier to lay out, your pipe interlocks for strength, your welds are a fillet welds all the way around(easier) , and because the heat affect zone and weld is by far the weakest link especially when butt welding pipe. I did some butt welds but they will all have gussets. Matt

·
Registered
983 Posts
Interesting concept, just haven't seen that method before. Part of the challenge there is cutting the pipe to fit for the weld. It does raise the frame height by half a pipe diameter, which you brought up as one of your concerns. I hope some other welders will chime in. Just curious...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts