Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have NRS's big horn ll frame on a 16' boat. Previously I had the cooler in the front, then the "captain's area", with a dry box directly behind me, Then all of my gear pyramided behind that. The boat sits pretty level in the water, but I sure can stand her straight up, and occasionally straight over (that sucks)

I just moved my dry box directly behind my cooler which moved it forward some 40" and it only moved my (captain's area) back 14" but it puts me a bit behind center. It seems like a good idea but I'd like to hear what you guys think before I go run the Salt on a new setup...

·
Registered
6 Posts
frame setup

In regards to the fore/aft position of the oarstands, are there any significant effects of moving them fore/aft?

I have a recretec frame on a 14' sb that I'd like to monkey with a bit, like move the stands forward a couple inches and reverse the rear drybox holder, which moves the drybox forward a few inches. The oarstands can be moved forward or backwards 2.5" on that frame. This will give me a better setup for loading gear and move my short legs closer to the footrest, but I don't want to change how the boat handles, it handles great the way I have it. I won't have time to test it out before putting in next weekend.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
over the horizon
290 Posts
From my experience having the oarstands forward is an advantage for pushing into waves and taking bold lines. Having them aft is an advantage for pulling away from things you fear.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
You can move them on the frame to whatever suits you best.......then readjust how the frame is strapped or positioned on the boat. I like my oar stands rigged in the middle of the raft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts