Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These end caps keep popping off on me. I think it's from the heat. I come out and they're just laying on the ground. Any solutions or alternate caps? ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1497203541.054152.jpg

·
Registered
364 Posts
Try a little hairspray inside em, if they're tight, they should stick.
Cheap stuff works best, something rain is what I've used and got.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try a little hairspray inside em, if they're tight, they should stick.
Cheap stuff works best, something rain is what I've used and got.

Thanks. They were glued on originally and the fit is already very tight. They're hard to get back on, actually.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I added a little contact spray adhesive, like what you might use to glue foam to a dry box, and those little caps seem to be staying in. I figured I'd lose one eventually and got a couple extras since they're so cheap.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd think those are probably for the 1 1/4 nominal pipe size, and garyframes are usually 1 1/2...

Got the 1 1/2 plugs linked above. Hope they work. Markhusbands, did you have problems with the black rubber caps that came with your RowFrame popping off too?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I bought my pipe from Alreco in Brighton, and added all the other parts from Gary, so I did not get the rubber ones to start. I originally wanted to get aluminum caps but the only ones I could find were sort of spendy once shipped, so these little plastic ones did the trick. I might add better adhesive at some point, but at present they cover the cut edge of the pipe and make it look a little more polished.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought these, but they don't fit. Too small for the ID of the pipe. Damn. They are supposed to fit 1.5" NPS pipe, but are definitely too small to even hold themselves in the pipe. Guess I'll return them and just try Gary's suggestion of poking holes in the rubber plugs and gluing them on again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Use 1 1/2" PVC end caps

I am highly invested in RowFrame frames...3 and counting, and I just use PVC schedule 40 1 1/2" caps. They work great, and don't pop off.

They also wear nice if you happen to drag your frame on the ground while moving it around solo...

Attachments

·
Definite maybe
690 Posts
I used them too for 1 1/4 pipe. Had to use a wood block and hammer them hard but they worked great. They aren't water proof if your looking for a sealed pipe but he pipe will drain just fine. I even got my fittings and plugs from Zoro too

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also, in the category of stuff lying around the house/cheap...

I used this temporary solution for years. They tend to come off when the tennis ball dries out - but protects the tubes from the edge of the tubes.

You cut a circle out of the tennis ball, and affix with a cable tie

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts