Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building some plywood sidedecks for my raft. They will be placed atop my double rail RowFrame that Gary Frome built for me.

I was thinking about coating them with Behr Deckover but started to worry about possible abrasion of the frame coating.

Has anyone experienced any negative impact on their frame from this material?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answered my own question...painted my decks with 2 coats of Deck Over and then went over them with a Scotch Brite pad when dry. This knocked down the grit level on the surface quite a bit and removed and smoothed any sharp points. It left a very nice coating that looks quite durable

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
just noticed this... I used deckover on my decks, side decks and floors. I painted the bottom and sides with gloss porch and deck paint and the top with deckover. I was mostly worried about abrading the rubber not so much frame but I could see that being a problem too. Also, I rolled mine with a fairly short napped roller and the finished product was pretty smooth. Still very grippy but not coarse and rough on the skin etc. In an early thread I described it as siltstone - i.e. very very fine sand texture. I realize you've answered your question, just thought I'd add for others that may search down the road...

Also FWIW, the deckover is not holding up so well for me. I went with three coats up front. You may think about additional coats if you still have time...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts