Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seen the multiple threads on how browns is boating at these low flows, but anyone care to offer opinions on Fractions (RR Bridge to BV) and the BV Town Run (BV to Ruby) for the rafts?

i was considering a R4 run on fractions with my 12' raft, and then possibly rowing the 12' or 15' raft on the BV town run below. i have done both in the past but never this low. are there any known low flow issues or hang up spots on either? do the miracle mile, frog rock and house rock all run clean at current levels in a raft? how does beaver falls and the silver bullet channelize for running in an oar rig? i am not a big fan of browns at low flow, so i am just looking for something different to try while hopefully avoiding known low-flow hang ups and headaches. thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
It is less channelized than Browns. There are a couple tough hang-up spots in the Miracle Mile, Little Seidels is tough for rafts at this flow too. The Silver Bullet may not be runnable in a raft at this flow....
see this thread for picture of Silver Bullet:
http://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f12/bv-playpark-and-town-run-sat-43304.html

I would suggest Numbers instead right now. It's more channelized and still predominately class III at these flows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How 'bout now at ~465?

How are Fractions/Frogs Rock in an IK at current flows? I'm bike shuttling and its easy north of BV, salida to rincon, even milk run. Last time I did Browns I locked the bike at Wilderness Aware, paid $3, drove to Ruby and put-in. Caught a ride back on the group bus from Hecla to their office, then rode back to Ruby. Nice, but I like Fractions; any commercials runnin that section now?

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
It's currently 315 in Fractions. I think the AW gauge shows Nathrop flows instead of the below Granite flow. The Nathrop gauge is not accurate for anything above BV.

It's pretty fun in an IK right now. I still run it about once a week in my kayak. Some shallows, but most of it is pretty well channelized.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts