Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Foxton Guage is not reporting. South Fork at Deckers = 385, Waterton 962, Bailedy 327. Anyone know how much is flowing in Foxton? If you subtract deckers from Waterton it is 577CFS on the North Fork, but Bailey is at 327. Is there really that much water coming in below Bailey?

We want to paddle it on Saturday, but want to make sure there is enough water or at least 300cfs. Anyone in the know on what the real flow is in Foxton?

I will also be checking on the Roberts Tunnel status later today to ensure no major cut back for Saturday.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
The problem with that formula is that you don't know how much h20 is coming in from which side creeks below the guages.Naturally the lowest guage on the No . Fk. is malfunctioning[ at Pine above Elk Crk.},but I would guess that at least 2/3 of the differential comes in on the No. Fk. at this time of year,because Elk Crk. and Deer Crk. drain the 14, 000 ft. Evans / Bierstadt group .So hazzarding a guess I'd say high 400's maybe low 500's. Rain on the So .Platte tribs could shoot that theory all to hell.Sometimes they take out around 30 cfs at Bailey.Maybe some one could make a guage for boaters below Elk Crk.. If its 327 at Bailey you should at least have your 300+.Any more confused?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts