Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best link to get accurate flows for the Foxton run on the South Plate in Colorado.

Thanks, Lenny.

·
Registered
158 Posts
MJPOWHOUND let me do some groveling I may be able to meet you! I think Eric is off so he may be tagging along also.
RandyP

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'd meet you guys for foxton if the flow holds, would meet at the fort or bottom of foxton rd, whatever time works for me.

Josh
303-981-8607

·
Registered
158 Posts
Josh and Josh Eric and I are in I will get a hold of you tomarrow and work out Fort or Foxton road. Eric will be coming from home so I might have him meet you at the Fort at 445
. And I will meet you at the bottom of foxton road.
RandyP
303-466-9472

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put-In / Take-Out

Hey guys, sounds like a few of you have ran Foxton before. Would one of you, or all of you, share some specifics on put-in and take-out.

Put-In: Buffalo Creak. Is this put-in easily idenified? Is it where Buffalo Creek confluences with the North Fork of the South Platte? Is it off of 96RD or 126RD?

Take-Out: Dome Rock. Is this take out easily identified. I want to insure we run the full stretch and include all the rapids as possible.

Thank you for input.

Lenny.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Foxton

That link describes the best stuff on foxton, you can scout everything from the road. The boulder garden is fun or you can drive a little further and put in. Take out where most everything ends down river of foxton road. Where I usually take out there is a pull out with a decent size rock face river level on river right and big eddy river left

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
What time are you guys putting on? I need to backward plan when to pop smoke from work.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Coloclimber512

So how far above the Boulder Garden is the Put-In? I want to make sure I put in above the Boulder Garden so it's included in our run. What does the put in above the Boulder Garden look like so I can identify it.

Thanks, Lenny.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Lenny,

You can drive all the way to the T in the road. There is a brick building there. Small eddy by the bridge or you can slide down the bank. Or drive just past the boulder garden and put in. You'll know when the boulder garden comes to an end. The river also goes away from the road at this point, which I believe is private land.

I've run it several times and I'll run it with you if you don't have a crew.

Justin

ps. tried to call you earlier today.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Josh & Randy: I will have the Geico car so will not be able to put another boat in the car. Give me a call and we'll figure it out.

Theo: I would guess put-in time would be around 6:00 at the boulder garden.

Typical put-in is immediately above the boulder garden, about a mile or two upstream of the bottom of Foxton Rd (where it hits the river). Drive until you see whitewater and big rocks and stop at the small pullout on the left right after the whitewater ends. Watch for poison ivy at this put-in. Typical takeout is at a drive-through driveway style pulloff 2-4 miles below the intersection of Foxton Rd. & the river (river side of the road), just below probably the longest rapid of the lower half. There is a good deal of flatwater below the boulder garden and again below the typical takeout I just described poorly. But there are a few more rapids below this takeout (and a lot of flatwater) and if you have time, go all the way through Waterton. There are also some fun looking rapids well above the boulder garden that I've never run, but tons of flat up there.

josh
303-638-5705

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
I've run it a bunch after work and you'll have to either lap the Boulder Garden or put in at Foxton Road and run down to parking area 3. You'll run out of daylight before you can do both sections...unless you do a really quick shuttle of the flat water in between.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Few people run above the boulder garden often.Common put ins =right at the top of the boulder garden, a fishermans pull off 1/2 mile above Foxton road intersection where the flat after the bg ends, and right above the big boulder 100 yds. up from the intersection.From the fishermans pulloff to the end of the middle section, the narrowest part of road and and river followed two hundred yds. down stream by another u shaped pulloff is 2 1/2 miles.It goes flat for apx. a mile,then picks up again with busy 2-3 for about two miles ends/goes flat about a mile above Waterton,there is a good takeout near the end of rapids on the opposite side of the road.I might be up there too .

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm meeting Randy & Eric at the T at 5:30. I'm not planning on stopping at the Fort. Josh, Theo, & anyone else, if you're planning on boating with us, please give me a call to let me know. Otherwise I'll assume no.

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
I'm meeting Randy & Eric at the T at 5:30. I'm not planning on stopping at the Fort. Josh, Theo, & anyone else, if you're planning on boating with us, please give me a call to let me know. Otherwise I'll assume no.
Can't make it today guys. Have fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts