Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any CO boaters draw a permit for any of the Idaho rivers?

It's always so disappointing to see that 'unsuccessful' result. Four years straight for me. That's not a very long time, especially when you compare it to The Grand. How many years have you had without success (Idaho or Grand)?

Anyone have a Middle Fork or Selway trip for which you need an experienced boater with gear? ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am a newbie to this forum, but I'll respond. PM a Mod to have the thread deleted. As for the Idaho Four Rivers Lottery............We got on the MF of the Salmon the first year we sumitted. Since then (2 years) we haven't got a permit on any of the 4 rivers. We got lucky!! Really wanting to do the Bruno or the Yampa.....

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I have put in for permits every year starting in 1987. Not once have I drawn.. But with the exception of a couple years, I have gotten in on a cancelation evey year. It seems that alot of people who put in for permits have no idea what they just put in for. Once they find out they need to fly in or a schuttle is going to cost $400 they bail out. The lagistics of the trips are greater than most expect. So, I stopped giving away my $6 in 2001 and now I wait for cancellations. I works better for me that way.. And I get a put in most evey summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts