Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like big changes are in the works for the 2010 lottery. The one of importance for tomorrow, 10/01/09, is that the call-in for Pre/Post 'Control Season' permits is NOT happening. Even that part is going to be on-line, but won't happen until early December per the website. (Looks like it will revert to 10/01 in subsequent years.)

Just thought that I'd let people know not to waste your morning on the phone as it won't get you anywhere. I was looking up the number when I discovered this.

Another change is that we will be applying for each river individually, not all four in one application.

Here is a link to the page that will link you to three different pdf files that provide more information:

Salmon-Challis National Forest - Recreational Activities - Floating 4 Western Rivers

·
Registered
339 Posts
When I first read about the changes I was pissed because you have to pay six bucks to apply for each river. In the past, you could apply for any combination of rivers for six bucks. Then I realized that the 2,3,4 choices have never mattered because of the way the lottery is ran, so this is a good thing because you can now have a first choice for each river.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts