Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly, we thought it was a dead armadillo floating in the river on 6/11/2010 but upon closer inspection it was a freak'n carbon fiber hook-arm prosthesis (no offense to owner meant). I've come across many things on many rivers but what more can I say? I'm completely stumped!

I'm sure its expensive and somewhat important so please claim it. It shouldn't be very hard to show proof of ownership....

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was on the river last June during a race that involved many people with previous injuries. Does it look like it may have been out there for awhile, perhaps dislodged by this years high water? Here's a link to an article about the last year's race with some contact names and numbers. Maybe they did the race again this year as well.

Vail adventure race brings athletes together | VailDaily.com

·
Registered
107 Posts
They just had a veterans kayak club down there...I bet it was from that. The coordinators name is Kim and she's friends with EJ...but I don't know how to get a hold of her.
Here I am, and yes, we just had a group of vets from Team River Runner on Pumphouse...but we came and went with the same number of arms.
Thanks for grabbing it and posting it. I will put the word out and see if we can't get it back to the paddler, and yeah...the prostethics are expensive. But they can still hold onto a booty beer, which the owner will need to drink (and give the rest of the 6-pack to the finder!).

KJ
(I am in Summit now Summit Surfer. Here is my email. ..kjohnson <at> san.rr.com)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.