Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More like what used to be a a Pyranah Sub 8. Found it below LZ in Grand Piton. The boat is completely thrashed and all of the outfitting was ripped out (I am guessing during the unmanned run through LZ at 1000cfs). It more or less resembled a boat in the way that a crushed beer can resembles a beer can. Guessing the boat was lost in Alto Alto. Can't remember what the name written on the boat was. Unfortunately, the boat is totally unusalvageable, but I thought the the owner might want to know the fate of his/her boat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thought that it might show up down there. The boat belongs to my girlfriend. It is a red sub 7. Lost it on Alto Alto and she took a pretty bad swim, came out pretty hurt but is recovering nicely. Any chance that you got it out or is it still down there? Wouldn't mind having it as a souvenier. Thanks for the info, nice to know where it was found.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We weren't able to get it out of the canyon, but we did pull it out of the river. Extracting the boat on foot would be a long day. You'd probably have to walk down from the put in for USB along the train tracks on river right. The boat is about a quarter mile below LZ on river right at the bottom of a scree field. There is no way to get it out downstream. If you decide to go get it, be careful walking along the tracks. Besides the potential access issues, there is alot of train activity on the tracks, and surprisingly, those big locomotives can sneak up on you pretty fast, so just be heads up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hiked in yesterday and got the boat out. 2 hours round trip with a pretty tough hike out. It will make a nice planter box at the end of my driveway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts