Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know this is waaaaaay off topic but I cannot pass up the opportunity to address George and his stupidity. This was quoted in todays New York Times.

“See, the irony is that what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit and it’s over,” Mr. Bush said. [Audio Excerpt mp3]

Solid Public Language from our President don't ya think?

"You know, I'd be jealous about you staying at Allie's place, except I always thought he was kind of a closet queer."-Steve Zissou

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah, I think it's pretty tame for a behind the scenes off record comment. But if you are looking for one more reason to hate him go ahead and add it to the list. Just think, 2 more years and you won't need to be angry anymore..

(I am an independant voter by the way and in no way endorse the current pres or several past pres'.. Go Jesse!!!)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure its not bad, for some convenient store jockey (no offense to anyone) but not for the President of the United States while at a United Nations official meeting. I agree "shit" is used losely these days but there is a time and a place and at G8 summit meeting I don't believe is one of them, especially when it can be directly quoted in the New York Times.
And, with that potty mouth he will never be a part of "The Zissou Socity."

"You really think it's cool for you to hit the sauce with a bun in the oven?"-Steve Zissou

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
tellutwurp said:
but for such a god-fearing man like himself...he should be so ashamed
yeah, but in bush's america, it's understood that god & behavior are mutually exclusive

·
no tengo
1,873 Posts
Steve Zizzou said:
there is a time and a place and at G8 summit meeting I don't believe is one of them.
dude - he didn't intent for it to be public and it wasn't bad anyway - WHO CARES. he has done far worse things that you should care about.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mania:
I am not too worried about it and yes I know Bush has said and done worse things. I am only stating something I saw in the paper I though was amusing. No one is getting their panties in a wad, you?

·
no tengo
1,873 Posts
maybe you should post it somewhere else?

edit: or maybe new guy forum owner can add a free-for-all section like many forumns have for off topic stuff people can go nuts in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, back in the day, there was a drop on the Gunnison we called Foul Mouth - now at the bottom of Blue Mesa. I see this post's subject line and am pysched. I read it and wonder, "WHY AREN'T YOU OUT RUNNING F**KING RIVERS?!"

·
Registered
396 Posts
the lost rapids??
off topic sure, i waste alot of time wondering what it was like down there.. what was it like down there?

as far as bush goes, i just about spit out my coffee when i heard him say that on cnn this morning, it was awesome, he sounds just like my dad "stop doing this shit" haha

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mania:
Maybe I should post it somewhere else. But, I don't think I am the first one to post an off topic here nor will I be the last. You haven't seemed to chime in on any of those, why this one?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mania:
I hear you there. Hopefully your Tuesday isn't as long and you get out and enjoy the day.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Stevo,

Take it to the PT Board... you will have more success there with people bitchin' bout Georgie boy.

As for me, I hate the man... but I like that he uses profanity when talking to other world leaders.... now we just got to get him to toke up from time to time and the world would be a better place.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts