Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some friends and I are heading out to Arizona to hopefully get on the "Fossil Creek" run on November 20th.

I was hoping to find out any possible closure info or accesss issues. (if there are any)

I would greatly appreciate any and all BETA information on the run.

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers!

-Nick

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
he's not lying. It really does suck. We broke 2 out of 3 boats in our trip, and its definitely not worth breaking a boat over.

But, No matter what you do, even if there is bonus natural flow, don't try to run upper fossil creek into the lower. There is nothing up there worth while.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Gary E has already spoken

The wise prophet Gary E has already spoken on this matter:

"That run is trash. Way too much effort for nothing. I tore the page out of the guide and burned it in the parking lot of that run, then pissed all over myself just for doing it."

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Count would totally disagree and is pissing on me from heaven for saying this, but I agree with Gary E. It's a complete waste of time. If something else is running, spend an extra half day on that instead. Definitely one of the worst runs ever.
Joe

·
Registered
148 Posts
AZ boating

"Count would totally disagree and is pissing on me from heaven for saying this, but I agree with Gary E. It's a complete waste of time. If something else is running, spend an extra half day on that instead. Definitely one of the worst runs ever."

Not much running in AZ right now:( The Fossil Creek run is a beautiful hike but not much of a run for folks from the land of water(CO). The 20 foot fall is a short hike and probably only worth a practice huck but not a "run" to speak of:( I wish this were not true. When there is actually a flood, this run is dangerous with all the live trees in the way.

There's a great wave at Southcove right now, I know it's a long drive(4 hrs from Flag). The eddies giant though:) If my attachments didn't work it's also at moeboats.blogspot.com near the bottom. Pierce Ferry road is driveable so if one had two cars to shuttle you could put in at Pierce Ferry run down 10 miles and come back and get your car, or hitch a ride to the currents end on a bass boat(upper east corner of sand) and hike 20 minutes to the wave. Call me for more beta 928 856 0012 brady if your interested. I know it's a long shot but for Zoners its all we got, and it's pretty good:) Bring your surfboard if you have one.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
20FT? It's 11 at best and is terrible. Turner, thanks for the reminder that I ran that, Jesssssus Kyle and Evan should be shot for putting that one in. Like a 40 minute drive on a shitty road just to bush whack. GAY!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I wish I could have recorded GaryE when we got to the take out of Fossil...good times. Not only does the run suck but the trail sucks too. Luckily we were rewarded with Christopher Creek.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sick Wave

That wave looks sick. So Lake Mead is just that low that it came back? Looks like a 10 mile run with only a 6 mile shuttle if you go Pierce to Southcove.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts