Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm working on setting up pool times with the folks at mulberry and am curious when folks would be interested in pool time. I'm thinking starting the first week in November. Does that interest folks?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Lets set up hot tub nights starting this week, open pool nights this November!

oh my back..........

That sounds great Dan-0, Jen and I are excited to get in there again. Awesome people, huge pool, and the hot tub, ah! the hot tub.

We are ok with starting in November, times and days are flexable for us.

Thank you Dan for putting in the effort to get it done this year.

You rock!

And a huge thank you to Lenny for getting this started years ago, I guess we need to start a tandem bike ride before each pool this year so we see you more! ha ha!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an 11 year old who is getting into paddling. He took a camp last summer, but really needs some pool time and instruction to work on his roll. We have searched for lessons and classes but haven't had much luck. Are these pool sessions open to anyone? Is there any equipment/boats we could use, rent, barrow? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These pool sessions are community organized and open to everyone. There are a wide range of skill levels present, ranging from beginning to weekend warrior to professionals. There are no formal classes planned for the year, but there is a wealth of knowledge and people are typically generous in helping folks out.

We don't offer boat rentals, but you might be able to track down folks who have spare equipment to bring. This thread is a good place to start, as is the Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/groups/132401043548072?ref=bookmark

Let me know if you have additional questions!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, beginning in either January or February, Rocky Mountain Adventures hosts additional roll sessions on Sundays nights. These will often have formal instruction and boat rentals available.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'll add my thanks for organizing it this year, and second the thanks to Lenny for getting it started, it has been great. What night will it be this year, and what are the hours?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Email sent with info about the Town of Lyon's kid's roll sessions in Longmont starting in January. Mulberry is nice and local and has a great hot tub - Lyon's gives kids a chance to paddle with peeps their own age.
Lyons and Team Colorado Partner to Host the 2014 Pool Sessions | Lyons Kids Kayaking

One more kid resource - the Colorado Whitewater club out of Denver has hosted kid kayak lessons the last few winters and the program has evolved for the better. It had great instructors last year. You should be able to find info on their webpage.

I have an 11 year old who is getting into paddling. He took a camp last summer, but really needs some pool time and instruction to work on his roll. We have searched for lessons and classes but haven't had much luck. Are these pool sessions open to anyone? Is there any equipment/boats we could use, rent, barrow? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Vendor
124 Posts
If I get enough interest we will run kids pool sessions starting in February likely. We had over 10 paddlers in kids club last spring outside so I'm hoping we'll have enough this winter for pool sessions. I've also got kids equipment I can bring if you let me know ahead of time. ANd I've also got some Flying Squirrels for peeps to check that I will bring as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure about Geardog sightings, but we'll do our best to get him off the bike and back into his boat.

And yes, the pool sessions will occur each Wednesday through the spring, with a few exceptions around the holidays.

Pool fees are $8.50 I believe. 8:30-10:30 ish.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts