Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're somewhat new to Fort Collins and re-entering the boating life after a 10 year Hiatus for early childhood raising. Looking for family's in Fort Collins who like multi-day raft trips and have kids of similar age range. Ours are 10 (boy) and 6 (girl). We have a Ladore canyon permit for Sept 6 and we're looking for families to join us.
Hope we can meet you soon....Kari and George

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
Kari, we're in Boulder, but we take Riley, who is 8, out on the Poudre for day trips and all over for overnighters.

Works out much better with other kids along...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave,

Thanks for responding. We'd love to meet you. Any plans to visit FC or the poudre soon? Next weekend is New West Fest in the fort, good bands all weekend. We'd love to meet you and your family. We have a teahouse in FC also, on walnut street. Stop by if you are in the Fort.

Our Ladore permit is Sept 6-10, we'll be taking our kids out of school for it (4th and 1st grades). 2 families from Salida and us, all with kids under 10 (2 boys, 4 girls) We floated the lower Green this spring and spent a bunch of time on the Ark. Hoping to do Grey/ Deso and Main Salmon next summer. Getting a new boat this weekend - yeah!

Kari
970-690-5686

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hey Kari and George,
We are in Louisville, with 7 yo boy (half time). I already spent most of my vacation time between ski trips, the Salt and Deso so Ladore is out for us. But the boy loves to be on the river, and had his first kayak class this summer. We have two rafts, a pretty complete kitchen, and are into family trips. When Dec. / Jan rolls around we should think about some permits together!

·
Registered
668 Posts
...Works out much better with other kids along...
Yes, it does! My kids always do better when there are other kids, day trips and overnighters. Big family trips with kids are a lot of fun, the more the merrier! We had 18 kids and 14 adults on the last RH trip we did. Outnumbered, but they kept themselves occupied!

We're in Thornton with two kids 9 and 6. We have most everything we need for overnighters now, but spent the summer doing mostly day trips on the Eagle, Upper Colorado and Brown's. Shoshone is another one we've done a couple of times. I'd love to get on the Poudre next spring when the flows are right! We usually do at least one Ruby/Horsethief every year too, probably sometime in September this year.

Not sure I could pull of the Ladore trip this year, but I want to do that one soon.

·
Registered
520 Posts
A late season Ruby Horsethief trip would be a great way for us all to meet in a relatively low hazard boating situation. Maybe Sept. 25ish? Anyone? We could also probably due the weekend of Oct. 9

·
Registered
21 Posts
Upper C - Sept. 17

We're planning on floating the Upper C this weekend with our 2.5 year old and her grand parents. Any other families wanna ditch the Sustainable Fair and go rafting this weekend?

Give a shout.
-Josh
8-oh-1 598 nine 7 34

1 - 7 of 7 Posts