Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale: 24” x 16' Hypalon cataraft pontoons for a 16' cataraft. Price: $1,000. These pontoons are in great shape and have many good years left on them. I am the original owner and these pontoons have been well taken care of.

They are currently stored on a dark shelf, and taken out and 303 applied every Summer.

I am willing to blow them up for you to inspect. The only reason I am willing to sell them is I have bought a new cataraft and I do not need these any more. Hypalon is superior to PVC pontoons and is getting harder to find. PVC has an estimated 10 year life span while Hypalon is good for at the very least, 20 years. These pontoons have been used for about 6 years.

They have not been slammed into things or scrapped up. They are in very good shape. In this pic they look wet, it's 303. We have Covid shots already, you can come see them. I have been boating for over 30 years.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Those are totally Hyside tubes. I own a set just like them. Down River must have done some kind of a bulk purchase at some point in time. 1000 bucks for these is a absolute steal.

·
Registered
591 Posts
The only drawback to these is the 24 inch diameter only runs for 7.5 feet and tapers off pretty radically. They are not heavy load carriers because of this. They are a absolute joy to row when lightly loaded. Two peeps and a bunch of gear is the max load or three peeps and minimum gear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For sale: 24” x 16' Hypalon cataraft pontoons for a 16' cataraft. Price: $1,000. These pontoons are in great shape and have many good years left on them. I am the original owner and these pontoons have been well taken care of.

They are currently stored on a dark shelf, and taken out and 303 applied every Summer.

I am willing to blow them up for you to inspect. The only reason I am willing to sell them is I have bought a new cataraft and I do not need these any more. Hypalon is superior to PVC pontoons and is getting harder to find. PVC has an estimated 10 year life span while Hypalon is good for at the very least, 20 years. These pontoons have been used for about 6 years.

They have not been slammed into things or scrapped up. They are in very good shape. In this pic they look wet, it's 303. We have Covid shots already, you can come see them. I have been boating for over 30 years.
View attachment 64003

View attachment 64003
I live in Denver and am interested in these. I have a 10 ft NRS catfish cataraft frame with 12 ft tubes. Can I come take a look?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Those are totally Hyside tubes. I own a set just like them. Down River must have done some kind of a bulk purchase at some point in time. 1000 bucks for these is a absolute steal.
They, for a time, hired the same factory that makes the Hyside stuff to do some boats for them too. Some of the DRE versions were pretty close if not identical...others differed a bit. Not sure if Hyside gave the thumbs up or not... but there are Hyside boats sold through DRE now...so it seems like Hyside was cool with it. I don't know all the details...just that they were made in the same factory in South Korea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in Denver and am interested in these. I have a 10 ft NRS catfish cataraft frame with 12 ft tubes. Can I come take a look?
Yes, of course. My problem is I need a couple of days to get ready. I have an RV issue which I am addressing right now and Monday. After that I can get them ready, blow them up for you, in front of you, and you can inspect them fully. They really are in great shape.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, of course. My problem is I need a couple of days to get ready. I have an RV issue which I am addressing right now and Monday. After that I can get them ready, blow them up for you, in front of you, and you can inspect them fully. They really are in great shape.
sounds great. I just PM’d you. You can consider them sold. I can likely work around your schedule. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay Guys, it looks like they are sold. I will let you know if it doesn't go thru. This is probably going to be very good for him.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 64003
G’day, Are these tubes still available?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts