Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot of buzz around the internet surrounding the new Astral Rassler. I took the shoe with me to Mexico in December and wrote up a detailed review of how it performed. If you're looking for new shoes this season or just like geeking out on gear, check out the review!

Astral Rassler Water Shoe | Blister Gear Review – Skis, Snowboards, Mountain Bikes, Climbing - The most honest and in-depth reviews of outdoor sports equipment on the planet.

Bottom line: the shoe has a couple of minor flaws, but should be a front runner for anyone who needs a high traction shoe for creek boating and river running. Let me know any comments, questions, other experiences etc.

·
Registered
141 Posts
These look cool. I have been searching for a more athletic shoe I could wear wet wading that is lighter then a wading boot and doesn't require a neoprene booty. What socks would one suggest to keep from rubbing my feet raw?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gretch-

I usually wear thin wool socks with mine, just because I feel they are more comfortable than neoprene. On the other hand neoprene will be warmer if that is a problem for you or if you plan to have your feet submerged for a long period of time. Neoprene socks will also be more durable in the long term.

The neoprene will also likely be thicker than wool socks, so I would order a full size up from your normal shoe size, or try on a pair at your local boat shop if you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts