Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Beginner
2,739 Posts
Absolutely. By the time you buy the cones, glue, and repair tools, it's really not that much more expensive to drop it off at your local boat repair shop and have it done professionally. Lead times may be a little longer than usual this time of year. Where are you located?

·
Beginner
2,739 Posts
Love on the Oregon coast. Portland is the closest place. I figured it’d cost quite a bit.
A couple hundred bucks, but if done right, it'll only be done once. I just had Inflatable Technologies in Denver do my new Max 12 foot cups and D rings and as always, I'm blown away by the quality of professional work - and I've done a lot of boat repair.

I'm not sure who the repair people are out here, but I'm in White Salmon for a while if you ever want to paddle!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A couple hundred bucks, but if done right, it'll only be done once. I just had Inflatable Technologies in Denver do my new Max 12 foot cups and D rings and as always, I'm blown away by the quality of professional work - and I've done a lot of boat repair.

I'm not sure who the repair people are out here, but I'm in White Salmon for a while if you ever want to paddle!

for sure. I’ve been running rowing frames mostly for fly fishing and some mild rapids 2,3. Gotta get some thwarts and paddles before summer. I’m not too far away if you fly fish

·
Definite maybe
1,006 Posts
I like the nrs foot cups more than the hyside ones. The hyside ones have a thin strap over the top and it sometimes curls inside itself when you stick your foot in there. The nrs ones have a much beefer strap over the too and this curling in does not happen. And the nrs just seem beefer to me. I'd glue nrs cups on your hyside. I'm interested if others have the same opinion.

·
Beginner
2,739 Posts
I like the nrs foot cups more than the hyside ones. The hyside ones have a thin strap over the top and it sometimes curls inside itself when you stick your foot in there. The nrs ones have a much beefer strap over the too and this curling in does not happen. And the nrs just seem beefer to me. I'd glue nrs cups on your hyside. I'm interested if others have the same opinion.
I've maintained a few Hyside fleets over the years and can say that the Hyside foot cones last as well, or better, than anything else I've seen. As for comfort, you'll have to ask my guests about that. I don't use them. :)

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
I've learned over the years to let a professional do this sort of stuff, yes, you can glue them in yourself, usually in the wrong place, and it usually will look like you did it, whereas a pro knows where to put them, and it'll look like it was done at the factory.

I personally like the hyside offering, never had a problem with them, or had one fail.

Reactions: NoCo

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks man. Helpful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts