Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get fluid kayaks? Their website says they are out of stock of everything and their dealers websites suck.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm still so pissed at them. Guess the US market was too hard for them or some lame excuse.

All I know is I bought two of their boats and was planning on buying 3 more--then they bailed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, just spoke to a dealer and he told me they are long gone. Took their warehouse back to south africa and dont do buisiness here at all really. So whatever you find is basically all that's left. Sad too because he said he just got rid of a bazooka which is exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Glad I got my Bazooka last year then! I too heard that they no longer sell in the states :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey everyone,
this is Natalie and was on the team for a while. Fluid was struggling for a number of years and they have pulled out of the North American market and are now focusing on recreation boats and whitewater boats in South Africa.

A number of moves and changes in the last three years made it pretty tough for them to make it work financially. IT is too bad because just this last year I felt that they were starting to get a small piece of the market. It is still possible to get Fluid boats, but a shop or someone would have to order an entire shipping container. I could find out how many boats this is if someone is seriously interested in banding together.

Really we need more paddlers to be able to keep the diversity of boat companies alive (wavesport is now no longer making whitewater boats as well). Keep teaching new people to paddle!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think we ordered 44 fluid Donsa's and that filled a container I believe so bazooka's and playboats combine might be about the same in one container.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was told by someone at fluid that they should be selling whitewater boats in the states again sometime in 2016.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
55 Posts
They are cutting down on white water boat production to focus on sit on tops and fishing kayaks. This isn't a good year for white water with the shutting down of Wave Sport US (turning them into Dagger), and the end of Bomber Gear, we're set to have an ever decreasing choice of manufacturers from which to buy gear. For an already small sport it needs some reviving.

·
Registered
265 Posts
That is such a shame. The 'Bang' is such an awesome kayak...I wish ALL manufacturers recognized the storage potential of the aft section like Fluid did. (And no, don't say "The XP does!" because the Bang has great whitewater characteristics whereas the XP does not.)

Well if anyone wants to go in on some boats, keep me in mind. I'd probably be in for 3.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts