Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Im looking at the Fluid Flirt in a L, I'm 215 lbs and according to website that would fit me, anyone have other suggestions? Currently in G-Ride 6.5 looking more for a playboat but still a playful river runner. Any thoughts in the matter would be great.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The large flirt is a really big boat, you need to be pretty tall to take advantage. It has a really deep cockpit, I am 6'4" 36 inseam and have an inch of foam on the seat. I am 200 lbs and feel too light for it as a playboat.

Really good river runner, I love the volume in the stern. The extra stern and high sidewalls do make it harder to roll. It is about the only boat I haven't been able to hand roll consistently.

Don't want to sound too negative, as I like everything else about it, rocker, edge, speed, etc. and will probably keep it for a long time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unfortunately and fortunately I live in Jackson Wy. The closest place to demo the boat is in Pocatello Id, or else i would go c.springs to try it out. The M flirt looks to small for me weight, and the sucky thing is im short about 5'11 i find that the most boats the could carry me well and not be large in length. Another question for you all. The bliss-stick RAD 195 how large is large they don't give specifics on the web site.

·
Registered
147 Posts
When I bought my first flirt, I got a Med. I later traded down to a small. Lost some speed but gained vertical mobility. Got a little squirly in bigger water but I spend more time upside down than most. 5'8" and 150# if that helps you. I prefer the smaller of the two if you can fit. Keep in mind those guys are big river (zambezi etc) so I think they round up on sizes. I also paddle the small solo, thou it is a creeky version of the scud at that size.

·
Registered
118 Posts
HackMage,

I live in Driggs & have a Large Flirt--check your PM's for my #. I'm not sure what my weekend boating plans are, but if I can't find anyone to creek with, might go surf on the Snake. If I do, you're welcome to try it out. I'm 6'6", 220 lbs.

Doug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts