Mountain Buzz banner

Fluid 2015

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  ScottyRSA 
#1 ·
Anyone have any idea what new boats fluid will have for 2015?
Wanting something new and like the bazooka that I got for my son a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

#3 ·
Fluid

When I was purchasing my boat from them, I was told by one of the ladies at the Fluid head quarters that they were in the process of moving the manufacturing from the UK back to S. Africa for better QC and other reasons. She didn't think they would be producing new boats until very late this year or early 2015.

#9 ·
I just received an email from fluid and have been told there will be no new creek boat in their line for 2015, they said they may have the bazooka from the 2014 line but nothing new. They will be available sometime around March or April. Looks like I'm gonna have to go in another direction.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

#11 ·
Take this with a grain of salt, but I ran into a guy who was in a swift water training on Clear Creek. He said he was from Ohio, and he heard that Fluid had either purchased or leased a rotomolding factory in some town in Ohio, and they were planning on manufacturing boats there next year. Have no idea if that's true. :confused:

#12 ·
@ El Flaco, to squash that rumor, I have been in touch with Shane Raw who works at Fluid and he said the following:

"We have a warehouse in Ohio for distribution of online sales but that one is in the process of being shut down. That will leave only the one in Maryland.... All production will be in SA from this moment forward."

@ Pizzle: the reason for the issues in the past was due to moving production from South Africa to the States and UK. Now that it is back in SA and they have the likes of Shane Raw on the team, quality control will be better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.