Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that are interested...
I spoke to the gentleman at the BOR who is in charge of releases from Green Mountain Reservoir about possible updates on flows. He's agreed to copy me on the water orders he sends out to the dam operators. I just received the first email.
It says that flows will be decreased to about 400 cfs until further notice. Yesterday when we spoke he said he didn't expect flows to be above 550 for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Interesting.
Thank you very much for making this contact.
It sucks with Kara Lamb gone... any updates about changes to flows up there (especially a day or three in advance) are so much appreciated.
There's quite a bit coming down the Colorado, keeping Gore flows decent despite lower releases on the Blue... here's hoping it stays above 900.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was getting pretty frustrated not knowing if there were going to be changes. We won't really have much warning, he said he issues the orders anywhere from 2-24 hours in advance. So a three day warning probably isn't in the stars, but something is better than nothing. I'll try to post when he sends out the emails. Hopefully someone will call for water!!... Front Rangers, I'm lookin' at you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
There has often, though not always, been a short bump up in the fall to raftable levels again. Sounds like that's not his plan this year.

Thanks for reaching out. As a fisherman, this is prolly my fave run in the state.

Sent from my Z970 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thanks Chilaquiles for passing on the info. Should we start calling you Kara Tortillas? Also I'll happily turn on the sprinklers to water my weeds and rabbit over-eaten grass to get the Blue flowing.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bahaha I've been called many things... I had actually never heard of Chilaquiles; they look ffing delicious, which is something I never thought I'd say about soggy tortillas.
Are you really Steve Zissou????

·
Registered
157 Posts
Others can answer with more experience, but for us and our 15' rig I don't go below 700CFS.

Sent from my Z970 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
700-1400 seems to be the concensus sweet spot from what I've read here over the years?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The lowest I've run was around 700, but I recall saying I wouldn't put my boat thru any lower.

Bahaha I've been called many things... I had actually never heard of Chilaquiles; they look ffing delicious, which is something I never thought I'd say about soggy tortillas.
Are you really Steve Zissou????
I've yet to try them myself, but Guy Fieri scarfs them down on the TV alot.

No, not Steve Zissou. Bill F-ing Murray represents my following of theChive. If I were to classify myself as any BFM characters, probably would be a cross between his roles in Meatballs and Stripes with a hint of these 2 guys.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A few weeks ago when we were there a guy told my buddy that a few days earlier he lowered his boat down, ran the shuttle, and came back to find that there was no water in the river. Poor bastard had to haul his boat back up that hill. Definitely would be nice to find someone as PR-focused as Kara.

Chilaquiles are f'ing delicious - like nachos for breakfast.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kara posted a while back saying she was either promoted or transferred or working for another agency... can't quite remember, but yeah I really missed her updates. Doesn't sound like we'll ever have more notice than 2-24 hours, but still better than nothing. I was super bummed the other day when it dropped from 900 down to 500... wanted to do a birthday trip out there this weekend, but I guess it's just not in the stars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts