Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like a lot of the river flow sites are down for the winter. Does anyone know what the flow through BV is or down at Salida?

I feel like getting in the car and driving this weekend and as dumb as at sounds might run Browns if it's at least 250. Or maybe go to the play holes.

Anyone over there know?

thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
I thought I was the last person still boating on the ark. at these levels i wouldn't recomend browns. you can get down all of it but is mostly a flat water trip. There are two options I would recomend. If you want to go downriver do pine creek and some of the #'s. at this flow pine crk has a slighly creeky feel to it, but is straight forward maybe classIII+, and the nummies are class three with lots of splats and a few good eddy lines.
the other option is the salida park. the upper hole is deep enough for cartwhels and maybe some loops, while the lower hole is shallow, but offers unlimited flat spins, just don't roll upstream. I was out there two weeks ago and wondered why nobody else was. oh yeah the water is super cold, no surprise there.
beaner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts