Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was finally able to help get my family out of Lyons yesterday. People are going to need your help. If you know Lyons people here's what they will need
Places to sleep
Rides
Comfy things for their children
Games , toys, books
Blankets
Pillows
Cookware
Plates
Utensils
Lamps
Furniture
Basically they will have to furnish an offsite residence in a very short time frame

If you don't know someone in Lyons but want to help. Take everything you want to donate to life bridge church in north Longmont. That's also the place to volunteer your time.

Trust me, everything you do and bring will help somebody. People have their lives but may have lost everything else or most. They are running on fumes and need everyone that's has time and energy to just help them.

Another thing to know is that the people getting out have not slept in days. They have had to make life and death decisions continuously for days based on fragmented and contradicting information. They are at their wits end and need something solid to hold on to.

Lyons will be back better than ever. I know this because of what I witnessed yesterday and how this community came together to keep each other safe.

image-2048890000.jpg

image-1320012249.jpg

image-1814037585.jpg

image-4223324076.jpg

image-2982302731.jpg

Last pic is SSV as it heads into town

·
Registered
567 Posts
Booth - glad to know you and the family are out and safe. Words and pictures can't even begin to reveal the full magnitude of what's going on along the Front Range and I know that every buzzard is thinking of you and the rest of the Lyons community.

"Lyons will be back and better than ever" - damn straight it will be. No community full of amazing and positive people will let this hold them back, and Lyons is just such a community. Much love to all of you.

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
Our thoughts to the community. A tough bunch for sure. Got a bunch of stuff headed your way.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Life Bridge may not be accepting donations

I will find out who is and get back to the boards in a couple hours

I have close friends that could use
Couches
Tables
Mattress
Lamps
Email me at [email protected] and I can coordinate
Much Appreciation

·
Super Moderator
4,213 Posts
Going to check the closet and garage for items to donate right now.

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
I unstuck this, as it effectively makes it blind to anyone on a mobile device, or at least to an I phone

·
Registered
15 Posts
Donations

Lifebridge is not accepting any more donations at this time. They have more stuff than they can handle. They are asking for you to hang on to anything you would like to donate until they are ready for it later. The only thing they mentioned in church this morning is prayers. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also asked if there was another place to take donations
But they don't know of any place yet.
Thank you
Keep ya posted

Cohen, call me
We are working on something

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the update and info! We've been pulling stuff together for donations. Please let me know if you hear of anyone needing a place to stay. Have lots of room...dry and in north Boulder.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Matt, I sent you a pm about how I could help, but I'd need to make some quick arrangements. So please check your message by noon. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will continue to post her as I meet up with friends that express needs
You all are amazing and it it appreciated and very helpful!!

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
(Edited and copied form Clear Creek post)

A few friends and I have been trying to brainstorm any way we can help people on the front range, especially boaters. I know Matt Booth is probably one of the most affected, as is buzz user: Cheyenne from Jamestown. I know there are probably many more current and active user on this forum that have been affected in a life changing way by this disaster.

We would love to help in any way possible. From bringing easy up ez up style tents with a full kitchen and supplies up to a evacuation center, or other location to help cook food for relief workers or locals just needing a boost. By bringing Kids toys, clothes and personal hygiene items up to a distribution center or by helping a family drain, gut and remodel a flood affected house.

I know that I am not the only one with a garage full of raft kitchen supplies, old toys and clothes and tools. I have a full time job and kids and not a lot of extra $$, but can not only send out my best wishes to those affected by this disaster, but offer myself as a help in anything I can do. I feel like the clean up effort is going to take massive amounts of work and time.

Let me know if you have any ideas, want to help or need the help. email me myusername at g mail . com

Brenden

·
Registered
579 Posts
Bump.

Now is the time to help.
Just dropped stuff off and donated at Oscar Blues... Also said thank you for bailey fest.
2 birds one stone.

Be there for the community.

Do it.
Do it.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Anyone have a box fan I could have or borrow for three months?
I wish I were closer. I have 2 powerful boxes and a round ventilator. Box fans don't move much air. You should be able to find a kick ass round high volume fan for under $200. I will go in the attic tomorrow and look at the mfg and find a link. EXHAUST the air, don't blow it in, if you are drying a basement or crawlspace. Take a piece of plywood and cut a hole for the round fan. A box fan is good for blowing around to dry surfaces but not for getting moisture out.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A great friend of mine has emailed this to me

Does anyone know of a three month option for these guys???

If you know of any housesitting, sublease or other possible rental options for us (3 adults, 1 child, 1 dog) please let us know ASAP. Longmont preferred as that is where Son's school will be moved to until we can get back into Lyons. North Boulder would work as well

Any help would be great
Large RV could work too. Just throwing out ideas,

You can email me at
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have not had any recent evacuees ask for furnishings
Ill keep y'all posted
Thank you to everyone
The suns out