Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not-so-much

We were lucky and caught only a little wind and were able to row (non-stop with NO current) from dark canyon to the dirty devil in ~5-6 hours. The current ends well above dark canyon. I believe that the wind could end progress seeing as the wind almost ended us 2yrs. ago with current past the dirty devil.
Sincerely,
Jackie Treehorn

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
We're planning on doing Potash to Hite on the 18th. Including that last day (or more?) of flat is 5 days a reasonable estimate or should I count on 6? Does anyone still get a tow for the last part? Any suggestions/info on cost?

Thanks y'all!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it depends

Like I said you can do it, but seriously, the wind could shut you down. We left dark canyon mid-day and were de-rigged at the dirty devil at dark exactly. Floating at night is an option seeing as the wind is usually blowing downstream at night (or early morning) and upstream in the PM. Count on luck, plan for contingencies, bring a motor, float at night, or get a tow. Hite marina has been well out of the water for many years. We just did 5 days with 1 layover, one 4 mile day, and 1 24+hr marathon float.

Herbie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts