Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2nd gen medium burn that I have been wanting to buy some float bags for but im not sure which brand or size would be the best fit, just wondering if anyone had already bought any bow or stern bags and had any insight into what size works best. thanks a lot!

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
I've only seen a whitewater boat with bow bags. We have NRS Rodeo Bags in our 3rd Degree Burn rental fleet and although a bit small they do allow a bit of room behind the back band for a throw bag, dry bag, and first aid kit.

·
GoBro
1,493 Posts
Don't mess around. Get the futa bags. When you want to overnight you'll have them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the futa bags too but I cant see spending that much on them when I already have dry bags man, I was kinda thinking the rodeos would be good though. that way I could have the floats in there and still have room for my gear. I was just kinda unsure on what size would allow me to do that

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Jackson Creek Float

I'm a huge fan of Jackson Creek (and Fun) Floats. They take a little work to get them put in, but once there, they aren't going anywhere, and they fill the space nicely - though they do leave a bit of space behind the seat for a few items. Unless you want bags with built in storage, they are the only way to go for rear bags, imo.

Creek Floats run about $85, with the smaller Fun Float around $50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv24pkhmpZA

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hell the bladders from box wine work great to if u want to go that route!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts