Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
looking at that specific flip bracket (dre)...they might be pretty close to the same. I would call them.

I bet you could easily have someone fab one to your exact (lower?) dimesnions. In that picture the cooler is awfully high and could be lower.

One benefit- i find the pipe flip seat (open mesh) very uncomfortable after an hour. so at least the flip bracket has a tractor seat.

Another thought- dont sit on your cooler (easier access to drinks on day trips) sit on a dry box or a cross member. Dry box is much lower (no 3" insulation on cover)

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I used the AAA bracket. They can customize the angle for you to a certain extent depending on how your dry box/cooler is set up. That was about as high as I wanted to go with a seat. I'm trying out just rowing from the box on my new raft, but I still have the bracket just in case I want to go back to it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mesh captains seat rubs exposed skin raw, tractor seat does not.
Unless you always wear pants test out the mesh first.
Stretch a drop bag over your captains cooler and feel it out.
Tractor seat is higher, 1/2" bracket plus 3" seat in middle, 5" on edges.
2" pipe with mesh seat sags almost to ass on cooler.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah sounds like a plate bracket + tractor seat is the way to go. Anyone know of a cheaper option than the $180 DRE one, that still has the back that rests on the frame (doesn't require a cooler)?

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Yeah sounds like a plate bracket + tractor seat is the way to go. Anyone know of a cheaper option than the $180 DRE one, that still has the back that rests on the frame (doesn't require a cooler)?
I don't know of a plate and tractor seat bracket that rests on the frame and not on a box or cooler. You could talk to AAA to see if they could help you out with something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts