Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Buzz,

Interesting question. Has anyone had an experience using FlexSeal Liquid for patching abrasions to the bottom of a raft? not using it to patch holes but just the scrapes to the black bottom, Also has anyone used it to coat plywood for decking? Looks like it could be a sweet option! Any advice helps, on the website it specifically says that it works on Hypalon Material.

·
Registered
346 Posts
My friend has had great success with flex seal on the old raft I gave him. The raft had some pin hole leaks and seam issues (Earth brand raft). Two cans of Flex seal took care of the issues.

I think flex seal will be good to reinforce wear spots.

Not sure how flex seal will work on plywood

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
It will not stick well to plywood, paint or metal like your aluminum dry box (rubs off easy).

·
Definite maybe
690 Posts
Now if your raft was made of screen it would definitely work, just like the commercial​!!! Zack we need a reply from you on this one. Lol. Hey personally I'm for it if your boat is old and worn enough. If not I'd have Zack coat it with urathane.

·
Plunk your magic twanger!
1,256 Posts
When my vinyl soft seat starting cracking and getting water inside it, I tried to fix it with Flex Seal. It took several coats to fill the cracks. I let it dry for a week before using it on Westwater. Perhaps it needed more drying time but my black dry pants ended up with a white outline of my ass. It has stuck really well to the dry pants and I can only bring myself to continue wearing them thanks to a black Sharpie. The mess the Flex Seal made of my vinyl seat continued to peel off and I ended up replacing it. My take away is that it doesn't stick well to smooth, flexible surfaces.

·
Definite maybe
690 Posts
When my vinyl soft seat starting cracking and getting water inside it, I tried to fix it with Flex Seal. It took several coats to fill the cracks. I let it dry for a week before using it on Westwater. Perhaps it needed more drying time but my black dry pants ended up with a white outline of my ass. It has stuck really well to the dry pants and I can only bring myself to continue wearing them thanks to a black Sharpie. The mess the Flex Seal made of my vinyl seat continued to peel off and I ended up replacing it. My take away is that it doesn't stick well to smooth, flexible surfaces.
LMFAO...that's funny right there, I don't care who you are

·
Registered
526 Posts
The correct product for repairing multiple pinholes on a raft is called System 6 and is a 2 part urethane product that is either rolled or sprayed on. There are several threads on this already on the Buzz and I also posted some pics of a raft I used the product on extensively fairly recently.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Flex seal works great on cracked sink drain pipes and NoCo it does come in clear or black if you want to try again ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts