Mountain Buzz banner

Flatwater & whitewater canoe and kayak shuttle service.

1396 Views 14 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  B4otter
Hello river people!!

We would like to introduce ourselves to those of you who may not know who we are and what we offer.

We provide canoe & kayak rentals along with jetboat & ground shuttles servicing the Colorado & Green Rivers in the Moab, Utah area.

Here's what we offer:
-Downriver jetboat shuttle service to the head of Cataract Canyon, for self support whitewater kayakers and passengers wishing to join a rafting trip.
-Round-trip shuttle service for passengers, crafts and gear, for Labyrinth, Stillwater and Meander Canyons trips.
-Jetboat shuttle for backbackers in Canyonlands National Park.
-Flatwater canoe and kayak rentals.

As the oldest river company in Moab in operation since 1958, we have extensive knowledge of the area, and we love to share info with like minded boaters.

Please check us out at: Tex's Riverways

We are huge advocates of education, preservation and recreation, especially focused in our region. Please don't hesitate to reach out with questions about our services or happenings in our area.

Cheers,
The Tex's' Crew
Cloud Sky Watercraft Water Boat

Original Tex's Riverways Boat circa 1958

Water Boat Vehicle Watercraft Motor vehicle

The Big Boat 2022

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Vendor
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · · Business

· Vendor
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · · Business
What are your current rates?
Thanks for asking!
Are you interested in downriver transport to the head of Cataract Canyon?
$95/per person
$40/per whitewater boat (small crafts)

Or are you interested in calm water shuttle rates for Labyrinth, Stillwater or Meander Canyons? With flatwater canoes and kayaks? If you are interested in these, they vary based on what your itinerary is. In which case please consult our website Tex's Riverways or give our office a call at (877)662-2839

Cheers

· Vendor
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · · Business
If you ever get set up to shuttle rafts be sure to post on here. I think you’d have a great market!
Great to know! Thanks and we will for sure!

What is the demand? Rafts down to the confluence?

· Registered
240 Posts
Hopefully when Cat runs 100,000 cfs you could make a fortune hauling back to Moab chickens like me. I think there could be pretty good demand down both sides. Raft supported canoe trips and just raft trips that like flat water.
Hi to Debra from Cousin Dave. Helens son.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
For those floating the Green side and not going through Cat, shuttling rafts from confluence back to Moab might be helpful too. While it would allow them to go past Mineral Bottom, I suspect it would be quite pricey!

· Registered
2,387 Posts
Last trip I did on the Green we used Tex's and it was the way to go on Green to the Confluence trips. Forgot the cost but it was worth it to the group.
First you go to Tex's lot, they load your gear, small shop for items you forgot, say hello to the last flush toilet and they take you to the put in.
Second. We got to the confluence mid afternoon day before take out. Tex's boat came by saw us and checked to make sure things were ok.
They told us the exact time they would do the pick up next morning.

Third. Boat showed up at the agreed time, they loaded every thing up. We were on the monster river left sandbar and the other group were camped at the upper end of the bar we were at the lower end.

Forth. The ride up river is just fun. We did stop midway for toilet break. When we got to the ramp we sat in the a/c bus while they loaded the entire boat with canoes on a big trailer.

Fifth. We drove to the Tex's lot where our vehicles were lined up. Gear was handed down to us and we loaded our vehicles.

Easiest Green to Confluence trip I could imagine.

· Registered
106 Posts
Last trip I did on the Green we used Tex's and it was the way to go on Green to the Confluence trips. Forgot the cost but it was worth it to the group.
First you go to Tex's lot, they load your gear, small shop for items you forgot, say hello to the last flush toilet and they take you to the put in.
Second. We got to the confluence mid afternoon day before take out. Tex's boat came by saw us and checked to make sure things were ok.
They told us the exact time they would do the pick up next morning.

Third. Boat showed up at the agreed time, they loaded every thing up. We were on the monster river left sandbar and the other group were camped at the upper end of the bar we were at the lower end.

Forth. The ride up river is just fun. We did stop midway for toilet break. When we got to the ramp we sat in the a/c bus while they loaded the entire boat with canoes on a big trailer.

Fifth. We drove to the Tex's lot where our vehicles were lined up. Gear was handed down to us and we loaded our vehicles.

Easiest Green to Confluence trip I could imagine.
IMPORTANT - Between third and fourth. Boat showed up with cooler we left with them.....

· Registered
185 Posts
Yep. Tex's is great and you'd be surprised how much a good old Coleman canoe can hold. If you want a stable, beer drinking, gear hauling rig or have young kids you can rent a T-Cat for the trip, Kids loved stretching out on the middle section during the day or just using it to get in and out of the water all day. Really enjoyed the trip we had with them and have it on the list to do the lower section next time.

Water Boat Vehicle Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

· Registered
969 Posts
October 3 there were two T-cats sunk at the bottom of the Mineral boat ramp after the flood... don't even want to think about what it took to get them out. Also two 18' Scary Griffith rigs tied to the big cottonwood and obstructing takeout, filled with pine duff and pinyon cones. Lady who was there when it came down said the water was running three feet deep right down the ramp. My rig - in the upper (long-term) parking - had mud caked up to the hubs.

Tex and Millie were always a hoot and fun to work with. Not sure which iteration of new owners currently in charge, but they are well-regarded and seem to treat their customers fairly. They got their peeps out October 3 and sent a guide/driver down the next day to see if anyone else wanted a ride (off the top, road was cut until later in the day so the deal was to hike to rim and then free ride back to Mojab). If you've never taken a jet boat ride, good fun and great scenery!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts