Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a recommendation for the professional way to 'reglue' seam tape that is peeling off? I have a Bomber gear drytop, and after 1 short season (<60days), the tape is un-glueing all over the place. thanks

·
Big Building with Gear
112 Posts
I'd try aquaseal mixed with cotol accelerator. Clean the seams well with rubbing alcohol first to remove any left over adhesive. Then mix the aquaseal and cotol in an approximatly 2:1 ratio. If that seems too thick, slowly add a little bit more cotol until it makes a consistancy about that of maple syrup. Use a little brush or popsicle stick to brush on the mixture to the seam and push the tape back down. If this doesn't work and you're in the Boulder area, bring it by our shop and we might be able to make another reccomendation or help you fix it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixing Taped Seams on a Drytop

Thanks Alpine. After some searching, I decided to try a blow-dryer on high heat. Works fine, holds too. Super easy, no mess. just heat and press it back down.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Alpine. After some searching, I decided to try a blow-dryer on high heat. Works fine, holds too. Super easy, no mess. just heat and press it back down.

that lasted about a day. went the cotol/aquaseal route. thanks
now, the material is just wetting out. any suggestions? I am a little wary of the warm iron trick - has anyone tried this (it's goretex)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts