Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for advice on what would be my best level for a first time run on the upper narrows section of the Poudre river.

What were your first time levels and was the rock still standing at whiteline?

Anybody been going up that I could tag along with? even just to watch variations of lines? It has been hard for me to catch people up there this season so any input is helpful.

Also, if you guys wanted to talk about the dificulty or technical-ness compared to lower narrows or had anything comparable to it or good training for, I'd be greatful.

bob

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hey Bob,
I feel like I ran Super colider for the first time (I've only run it a couple of times) was around this level. I felt like the entry was a little tricky...you need to be close the rock on river left, but not too close or you could get spun and find yourself in the hole - that type of thing. I had to roll, but thankfully I already cleared the hole so it worked out ok.

From what I remember (I haven't run it this year), White line was very manageable at this level. The guy that was in front of me got stuck in the hole and I pushed him out as I came through, but then I didn't get stuck in the hole, so it probably wasn't super sticky.

Again, I've only run it a few times - sorry this info isn't very technical.

I am hoping to get up there on Tues if you want to meet up. If no one else is free to run uppers, we could do lowers laps. It would have to be morning/early afternoon for me.

Beth

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any info is greatly appreciated, so thank you. We can have a look tuesday if you end up here. It should be good a few more times this year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts