Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be doing Browns next weekend in a raft and had a few questions I was hoping to get help with.

1. Should I just do it with a paddle crew or is a stern mount frame suggested?
  2. I was going to put in at Fisherman's bridge and take out at Hwy191 stone bridge access. Is this good at the current flows or should I put in/ take out elsewhere?
  3. Any other tips anyone has for me?
Thanks!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I will be doing Browns next weekend in a raft and had a few questions I was hoping to get help with.

1. Should I just do it with a paddle crew or is a stern mount frame suggested?
  2. I was going to put in at Fisherman's bridge and take out at Hwy191 stone bridge access. Is this good at the current flows or should I put in/ take out elsewhere?
  3. Any other tips anyone has for me?
Thanks!
No need for a stern mount with paddle assist...nothing really to worry about at current flows. I like to row it solo at this level and fish, but there's nothing threatening that requires paddle support.

Stone bridge take out is great and adds a few miles to the float....Seidels is the only rapid noteworthy. The other take out option is Hecla Junction.

The Royal Gorge is always good, about 60 miles downstream.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts