Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the creature craft crew did the first inflatable decent of sunset falls memorial day weekend they styled it no problems no injuries and feel as though it is a safe runnable waterfall in the creature craft this is by far some of the biggest whitewater ever run in an inflatable enjoy the flik first decent done by Darren Vancil creator of creature craft 2nd decent done by oldschooler Dan "shaggy" Allen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyrNqZTxb0

·
Registered
774 Posts
Stylish??? They just rowed up to the lip and held on. They're not even holding on to their oars half way down.

·
Registered
331 Posts
That is just awesome. You guys rock. I will always remember camping next to you all at GoreFest so many years ago. Great parties. Great to see you are still going big!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, very impressive! I saw Sunset for the first time last month, wondered if the thing could even possibly be ran. It is nasty. Flow wasn't that high though...

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Stylish??? They just rowed up to the lip and held on. They're not even holding on to their oars half way down.

As stylish as a creature craft with oars can get - no way in Hell would I even attempt to hang onto the oars on something like that, unless I wanted to break an arm, rib, spleen etc.

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
hey its ok jen, we know front rangers like yourself dont quite have the massive arm strength we of the mountains do. keep training and you will get it soon

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yes, with my weak FR noodles for muscles it is a wonder I can even pick up an oar or paddle. Has anyone invented power steering for rafts yet, maybe I could make it down Ruby/Horsethief if only I had power assisted oars.

·
no tengo
1,873 Posts
I for one think its an impressive accomplishment despite using the creature craft. anytime you are the first to try something it does take balls but also usually requires careful planning, training, and support. maybe they didn't totally style it but they didn't swim. strong work.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
I give props. How steezy can you really get on a rowdy drop like that(in a raft,rowing or kayaking)? Not saying it was full of style...just that it was rowdy and full o juice..and they didn't cartwheel down the entire thing. They didn't pedro it. Did that make any sense?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I thought that looked cool as hell. If anyone is ripping on the use of a creature craft I'd like to see them step up and do it in a raft.

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
Yes, with my weak FR noodles for muscles it is a wonder I can even pick up an oar or paddle. Has anyone invented power steering for rafts yet, maybe I could make it down Ruby/Horsethief if only I had power assisted oars.
hell yes, now youre talkin! call it the SS Front Ranger and youll be the prime target of all the rads at the westwater takeout

1 - 16 of 16 Posts