Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last minute invite on the Grand Canyon. Super excited. What are things you ladies really wish you had but didn't bring? What are the must haves launching June 1!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Colorado River

We floated the river last August. I am very, very glad that I brought long underwear. The water is really cold.
A.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Small pee bucket for near your tent so you're not wandering down to the river in the middle of the night....and yes. Lotion. Lots and lots of lotion.

·
The Old Troll
458 Posts
I got a rash from sitting in a wet seat all day. Someone on the trip brought some Desitn. Cleared it up over night. Also make sure you have some Imodium in your first aid kit.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
If you do not have one already, pick up a quality LED headlamp and take spare batteries. Headlamps come in real handy if you have to go outside to the groover etc after dark, or if you want to read a book after dark or find gear in the dark.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tweezers for removing cactus, cotton socks + bag balm to sleep in if your feet crack, 2+ pairs of good sunglasses with croakies, long sleeve shirt and pants for sun protection, good packable sun hat

·
Old Guy in a PFD
1,106 Posts
Nylons. Strappy shoes. Little black dress.
Not for on the river, but when you get off; Go to Las Vegas for a couple days. The culture shock is almost as much fun as the canyon.

Seriously. After a couple weeks of sleeping in the dirt and what not, going to Las Vegas is a trip. You will catch yourself going; "Ooh! Shiny!"

Remember to look before you cross a street. Really. You haven't even thought about cars for a couple of weeks.

I recommend either Green Valley resort or Red Rocks for a hotel. Not all that expensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
not lotion, OIL, lotion is made up of mostly water so it evaporates quickly and leaves you re-applying all the time, take some coconut oil instead as it also has cooling qualities. Have fun!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Make sure to keep a river journal - I've re-read mine (fondly) a coupe times. And for the love of god... LOTION.

Anddd... if your group doesn't have a speaker, some music can really be nice.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Sarong

·
Guppy Captain
44 Posts
I did a video journal on my iPhone every afternoon as I got to camp. Just get a good pelican case and be careful. It's worth it to have actual footage of the experiences and awesome campsites.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a prescription for antibiotics and took AZO and I'm glad I did. Got a bladder infection from sitting in and peeing water all day

1 - 20 of 30 Posts