Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Logged onto rec.gov this evening to look at permits for Ruby Horsethief and was kindly alerted that there will be no fires including charcoal within the river corridor beginning memorial day and ending labor day. Other than the rec.gov alert I cannot find anything about the ban or what type of restriction it is. Does anyone know anything more than me before I call the BLM to inquire?

·
Premium Member
3,181 Posts
Nothing about it on the BLM site, I'd give them a call. I know for a fact that in the past, there have been many instances of fires getting out of control and turning into wildfires, perhaps they have banned them in order to be pro active, but I can't say for sure.

Reactions: Andy H.

·
aselig
22 Posts
Ruby has always had those as preliminary dates. They can start the ban earlier or later depending on if it’s a wet or dry spring and same at the end of summer. Fires just won’t happen in ruby in the summertime

·
Premium Member
3,181 Posts
And there are PLENTY of Dumbasses.

An observation from spending countless hours on the Westwater ramp.. The 2 classes of boaters I see, one class taking off of RH, and the other class putting on for WW.. Completely different..

One thing that still amazes me, is the sheer amount of crap RH folk bring for an overnight. PILES of gear, all haphazardly strapped on, (or not).. WW boaters got what they need, it's rigged well, not nearly the shit show..

That being said, not everyone that runs RH is like this, there are some squared away folk, but they are the minority..

Reactions: 2tomcat2

·
Registered
249 Posts
RH always has a fire ban, they don’t care about actual conditions, or weather or anything. I have just accepted the fact that camp fires are basically a thing of the past. I bought a propane powered fire pit and highly prefer it to a real fire unless it’s actually cold out. Propane fires are safer, don’t require a heavy fire pan, no bundles of fire wood strapped to the boat and beat of all no cleaning up ashes and packing them out in an ash can. Forget real fires, they are never coming back

1 - 10 of 10 Posts