Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GF is progressing rapidly, and is likely to be beating me down the hill in short order, but she needs new skiis. Generally soft snow, off-piste and some out of bounds/bc, in Idaho, so there's some wind blown funkiness. A good stiff shovel and torsional stiffness would help in the crud. :?: She loves my TM:EXs, but I'm not giving them up. She's petite but strong, and is on a set of Scarpa T-2s. Will probably be running targas. What about the new crop of Atomics? Any other suggestions? She's tried the schii devils, and liked them, but thought they were a bit "floaty" which I've interpreted as soft.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try the k2 line. most of their newer stuff is pre-drilled to mount your targas. My wife rips on her super-stinx.

·
Registered
520 Posts
new boots

Try some Karhu Jak's (maybe the BC since its lighter/not as wide). They are normally cheaper than any european/american ski.

All the K2 skis are also nice as stated.

I found the biggest thing to take it to the next level was boots. Get her a pair of T1's or girthy Garmonts. My wife got a pair of men's size 4 T1's 2 years ago and it made a world of difference. Since its such an akward small size you can find them for $150 new....as compared to buying the $600 ladies T2X.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts