Mountain Buzz banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
American Whitewater. Or any litigation non-profit like Advocates for the West (though not specific to whitewater rivers.) Lawyers can get shit done when collaboration doesn't work out.
Craig, JD

·
Registered
271 Posts
The two I donate to are:

• AW - for obvious reasons
  • Planned Parenthood International: I donate to them primarily for their providing access to contraceptive services. Reducing the number of unplanned pregnancies is great for any country - improved maternal health, lower child mortality, more education and career opportunities for women, fewer people (especially children) living in poverty, less abortions, all of which is great for the economy and also leads to healthier children and less crime. Plus the effects snowball, so each subsequent generation does even better. The reason I donate to Planned Parenthood International is because women in developing countries are at more of a disadvantage. I figure it's the biggest bang for my buck in trying to make a difference. It also helps with climate change, although for that we'd be better off focusing on developed countries instead of developing countries.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts