Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is: 6' 175 lbs (ish) size 10 foot

He's looking for a first boat (absolute green newbie) and is on a serious budget and wants a boat now cause he's excited, sweet! I've steered him away from various blunderous purchases since a kayak is a kayak to him (a blunt, a delirious, a dancer). There seem to be a lot several EZs around but currently no BigEZs and although i told him he sounds like more of a bigEZ guy he keeps getting tempted by these EZs at great prices. Having no experience with either boat, which one do i steer him toward?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd have him sit in both. I'm wondering if he will fit in an EZ? The BigEZ would be a bit better since he would be more towards the middle of the weight range and would probably be more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
i would think he would need the big just to make his feet happy

·
Registered
130 Posts
The ez would be better for park & play, the b-ez would bemuch better for river running and more forgiving, pluss more comfortable. I've got a big ez in great shape I'd be willing to sell. I'm doing a family loma to westwater float this weekend. Meet me at the takeout if you want to see it. Vince at 303-444-6462

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think he'll need a BigEZ. I'm 6 ft, 33-inch inseam, and size 9.5 feet and fit snugly, but comfortably in the BigEZ. I squeezed into an EZ once and it was painful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts