Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has anything good or otherwise to say about their Otter boats purchased within the last few years. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 15 and just suffering through the last minute jitters.

·
Registered
993 Posts
FWIW... Backcountry.com has a 20% off coupon right now. When I was looking at my boat, I spoke with their CS about using it on full price rafts and they said it was good to go. I ended up buying from Good Vibes River Gear in Craig because they had a sweet price on the custom color (green)...but 20% off a 5k boat...even if you hate BC.com, I'd have a hard time overlooking that deal.

·
Registered
541 Posts
FWIW... Backcountry.com has a 20% off coupon right now. When I was looking at my boat, I spoke with their CS about using it on full price rafts and they said it was good to go. I ended up buying from Good Vibes River Gear in Craig because they had a sweet price on the custom color (green)...but 20% off a 5k boat...even if you hate BC.com, I'd have a hard time overlooking that deal.
Every time you unroll that boat and got into it you would have to remember that you supported unscrupulous retailer. I couldn’t do it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've got a 2014 Otter 130 and love it. I've outfitted 4 people (tightly) on it for multiple multi-day trips, but it really shines as a day rig for fishing or whitewater.

·
Registered
183 Posts
UIve had a 13 ft for 9 years, great boat for rowing multi days or paddling bigger rapids. Family is growing and need something bigger now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has anything good or otherwise to say about their Otter boats purchased within the last few years. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 15 and just suffering through the last minute jitters.
I have three summers on my 14' Otter, and so far, so good. No complaints after many Upper C, Westwater, and Gunnison trips. I say go for it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts