Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,
I'm looking into buying an everything bag this season. I've read threads on this site about them. I really like the idea and the ease they seam to create when rigging all your gear safely in place. I do 5-8 over night trips per year in Western MT and Idaho. However, they are pricey. So, are they worth the price? I'm looking at the Stitches n stuff bag. Thanks all!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I purchased a Tuff River Stuf everything bag recently. I thought the price was more than fair. The build quality is amazing. It is easy to install and easier to load and secure. I love it. It's only been on one trip so far but I cant imagine ever not having one of these in my boat again. Plus, they include a nice little pouch of bloody Mary mix with your bag :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
32 Posts
Everything bag ROCKS.
Five seasons later it's like new.
Last fall I strapped it to the roof of my truck and hauled 15 camp chairs and paco pads for a multi-day bike trip!

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Stitches N Stuff and Tuff River Stuff boat make Cargo Bags. Both are worth the money if you want gear that will stand up to hard river use and handed down to others when you retire from boating.

I have used Ray's every thing bags and they refuse to show wear after years of use.

Do not have a every thing type bag from Jan, but have a bunch of her other gear (a lot of it custom made to my specifications) and her work is just bomber as well.

Get your self an everything bag from either of these fine people and the quality will be top notch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Buy it. Much safer than the mesh netting. Two features, If you are into rolling your boat for storage, the bag can store the boat.

·
Registered
525 Posts
One of the best purchases I ever made. Don't how I could function without it.

I went from being the last person done rigging to the first. It significantly reduces the time needed to pack up the boat.

Several folks make similar products at competitive prices. The price seems steep until you consider what is included. I thought about making my own to save cost, but when you factor in the fabric, grommets, webbing, the many cam straps needed and the time they start to look cheap. These are really big bags and they use up a lot of material.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've got two everything bags from Jan at S&S. Love them! I tested one of them upside down on the MFS a few years ago and it held everything in safe and sound with no damage to the bag. Well worth the $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
688 Posts
I just had one made by Jason at Wet Dreams. It is right around the same price as the TRS bag. It mushrooms out a bit to hold more gear and has a built in lid that goes over the bag to secure it. Also has a raft handle sewn into the lit which makes a good place for a passenger to hold onto, or to help your self in and out of the boat.

Wet Dreams Cargo Bag, Wet Dreams River Supply

·
Registered
972 Posts
Just a vote for the Pacific River Bag. I really like the additional clam shell top for when things get nasty. I've flipped with the PRB and I feel the addition of the top cover, it helped a) keep the profile lower b) ensured that nothing could possibly come out of the bag.

FWIW.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to all who responded! It sounds like they are well worth it! I'm stoked to hear I will be able to fit more beer in my boat!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't actually have an everything bag, but I can speak on the quality of work you will receive from SNS......and that is fantastic. If the standard bag isn't going to work for you, Jan can/will do custom work (give her a reasonable amount of time), and the product will be bomber. I do use the octo-harness and its great. As for price, gear has no cost or guilt associations, especially if it is gear designed to help you keep ahold of all your other gear!

·
Registered
972 Posts
I 'm not familiar with the SNS everything bag, but another bonus of the PRB is that it has webbing on the bottom that allows it to suspended from your frame and other d-rings. This puts the load on the tubes rather than the floor. Just another piece of most likely useless info for ya.

I'm by no means dissing SNS - I have seat pads and many other items from Jan. Just another option.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
49 Posts
We sew our Everything Bags with a double layer of mesh (just to make them extra bombproof.) They can be suspended, but we recommend using a size down for doing so (ex: a 16' bag in an 18' boat.) We provide two loop straps to crisscross over the closed top, as a simple fast & effective way to cinch it down & secure it. We've never lost anything in a flip and have never heard from a customer who did. Regardless of which cargo bag you buy, you will be so glad you did! It really is the best way to rig, hands down! :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
I like my PRB, too, but wish it was built such that when filled with gear it flared out above the tubes, rather than virtually straight up. Other than that, great bag and i like the clamshell security.

On top of the clamshell, now they make it with a couple of loops to strap stuff onto, like a solar shower.

Just a vote for the Pacific River Bag. I really like the additional clam shell top for when things get nasty. I've flipped with the PRB and I feel the addition of the top cover, it helped a) keep the profile lower b) ensured that nothing could possibly come out of the bag.

FWIW.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts